I read this excellent little book "Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health" by Donald Whitney a couple years ago. I'm revisiting these questions in my life right now, and I think I might ask some close friends to help me evaluating my life in these areas.
I want my life to be fruitful by God's standards, not by this world's! I want to bear fruit that will last like love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control--rather than measuring my life by popularity, fame, adoration, power, knowledge, comfort, earthly pleasure, monetary gain, physical beauty, level of giftedness, or any other fleeting thing.
Here are the 10 questions discussed in further detail in the book:
1. Do you thirst for God?
2. Are you governed increasingly by God's Word?
3. Are you more loving?
4. Are you more sensitive to God's presence?
5. Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
6. Do you delight in the bride of Christ?
7. Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to you?
8. Do you still grieve over sin?
9. Are you a quicker forgiver?
10. Do you yearn for heaven and to be with Jesus?
You can buy the book here:
Don’t Look Away from Disability - If you feel awkward or unequipped to love people with disabilities, trust God to give you what you need in the moment, and don’t turn away. Watch Now
7 hours ago