1. Be prepared. Know the Word of God and be saturated in it.
2. Seek the Lord in prayer and fasting- asking for protection.
3. Recognize the lies of the devil by comparing them to the truth of God's Word.
4. Recognize that the lies of the devil are most often delivered through indirect means- through things we hear from the world around us from believers and unbelievers alike, and through self talk that is based on lies we have come to believe.
5. Recognize that the devil's lies often have the appearance of wisdom, while still being straight from the pit of hell. (i.e. Col. 2:23; 2 Timothy 3:5; James 3)
6. Guard our words through the above, so that we are not a vessel for the devil's lies to others.
7. Command the devil to leave in the name of Jesus, recognizing His authority- every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:10)
Matthew 4:1-11 "Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.” 4 But he answered, “It is written,
“‘Man shall not live by bread alone,but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written,
“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’
“‘On their hands they will bear you up,lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,
“‘You shall worship the Lord your Godand him only shall you serve.’”
11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.
Free Stuff Fridays - This week’s Free Stuff Fridays is sponsored by Zondervan Academic, and they’re giving away 5 copies of A Theology of Biblical Counseling Video Lectures. Th...
5 hours ago