share

| More

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Song

I can’t sing well, and I don’t know much about music. I can’t even clap and sing at the same time unless I have someone to follow. However, I can look back on my life (both in significant moments and more generally), and I can remember ways that God has ministered to me in song or ways that song has helped me express my heart to God.

“More Love, More Power” comes to my heart today. The words and the music speak to me and help me speak to God today.

More Love, More Power, More of you in my life.
More Love, More Power, More of you in my life.
I will worship You with all my heart.
I will worship You with all my mind.
I will worship You with all my strength.
For you are my Lord.
More Love, More Power,
More of you in my life.

You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klq3HkSfx-s
From Michael W. Smith’s album, “Worship” track 11.

I want to know God for who He is in truth. I want more of God’s true love in me. I want to abide in His Trinitarian love for Himself (John 15:9). I want to rest in His love for me (Ephesians 3:14-21). I want to be filled with His love for others (John 15:12). I want this love to be sincere, Spirit-enabled, truth-rooted, affections-engaged, and sacrificial action-producing love. I want this love to “abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment” so that I “may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,” being “filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Phil 1). I want “to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge” so that I “may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Eph 3:19). I want more of His power, which is His Spirit- God Himself. I want to be filled with His Spirit- Himself- in increasing measure. I want the same power that raised Jesus from the dead to birth supernatural love in me- more love for God and more love for all of the people He puts in my path. In all this, I want to worship the One who alone is worthy of my worship.

No comments: