share

| More

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Prayers for Ella

Please pray for our dear friends, Greg and Stephanie. Their 4 year old daughter, Ella is a bright, vibrant, sweet, and beautiful little girl. She was just diagnosed with cancer a couple days ago. She is at Children's Hospital right now in surgery to remove a tumor in her abdomen as I type this. Greg and Steph just adopted an infant boy this month from Ethiopia. His name is Biniyam. Please pray for our friends--for complete healing for Ella; for Ella's comfort during the surgery/recovery/chemo; that Ella would experience Jesus in strong and tangible ways; that Greg, Stephanie, Biniyam and the rest of the family would also experience Jesus in strong and tangible ways; for faith, courage, peace, hope in this difficult time; and for the Lord to show all of us how to express His love for them in concrete ways. This family is so dear to Kristian and me--because of the history of friendship we have with them and because they are truly some of the most kind and generous hearted people we know. They are simply amazing parents to their children. We admire them in so many ways. Thank you for praying for our friends. For updates, here is a link to their blog: www.ellagracesund.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Trujess said...

Thanks for sharing this. I was having a poor me moment before I read this...and wow this puts things in perspective. I will pray for them right now.

Carrie said...

Bina, thank you for your post and for letting us know how we can be lifting up your dear friends. I can't imagine what they are going through but I know that the Lord is with them through all of this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I may not know them but I can send them a card, make a meal or something else. What a precious joy it is to intercede for the body of Christ...for those brothers and sisters we don't know personally but that we know have specific needs.

Bina said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers. The prognosis is a 90% survival rate now, praise God! She had her kidney removed a couple days ago. She still has 4 months of chemo ahead of her. She and her family would love continued prayers. Carrie, thank you for your very sweet offer. I still remember how much it meant to me when you sent me a card to let me know you were praying about our infertility even when you hardly knew me. Thanks for extending Christ's love to His Body. If you would like to send them a note, e-mail me for the address: binahe@yahoo.com. Thank you!